I once heard someone say that our job as parents was to raise our kids so they did not need us anymore. While I do agree that is ONE of our jobs as a parent, I've learned that it's a lot easier said than done. I've been encouraging Turner lately to do more things for himself, such as walking and not being held all of the time, taking his own clothes off, putting his own clothes on, and using the bathroom by himself. This is a big step for me and him both because I just want to do everything for him.
So, a few days ago he said that he needed to go to the bathroom. I told him to go ahead, and I followed behind him. He held his hand up to stop me and said, "No you stay here. I can do it by myself." Of course I was proud of him when he finished, but I got to admit that one stung a little.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment