Turner was very excited about seeing Santa this morning. He said he was going to sit in his lap and tell him what toys he wanted, but Mark and I thought, "Yeah. Right." As he waited for Santa to arrive, his anxiety grew. He thought of many excuses to escape, but kept wanting to get back in line. When Santa walked in, Turner froze. He walked right towards Turner. The poor kid just vapor locked. He was so excited, not scared, that he couldn't even speak at first. He shook and said, "ah, ah, ah, ah, ah." Then he just belted out, "I WANT THOMAS TOYS!"
When it was his turn to sit in his lap, Turner got scared and did not want to go. But, he was very brave and walked up to Santa and stood beside him at first. He told him again that he wanted Thomas the Train toys, and they chatted about Rudolph on his shirt and candy canes. Before I knew it, he was in Santa's lap. We were all shocked and so proud! It was so great to see him overcome his fear. After the pictures, he had lots of fun playing games and winning prizes. Did I mention I was proud of my little boy?
LOVE My baby boy! SoOOOOO proud of him!
ReplyDelete